Here’s some of the features:
– Faster processing – Lightning-fast chart updates, panning and zooming, plus faster start-up and menu operation.
– The new StructureMap™ overlay feature*– only available on HDS® Gen2 models – allows anglers and boaters to view and create life-like underwater images of the lake, river or seafloor. *Optional with StructureScan® sonar imaging module.
– Broadband Sounder – Standard on all HDS fishfinder models. Display and mark gamefish, baitfish and structure at higher speeds and at greater depths from 1 to 3,000 feet.
– Internal GPS – Standard on all HDS® chartplotter models. Reliable position accuracy with high-sensitivity GPS receiver, plus WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS corrections.
– Insight USA mapping – Standard on most HDS® chartplotter models in the Americas. Contour relief shading produces a life-like presentation of underwater topography
– Advanced memory – Up to two waterproof SD card slots to load Insight™ HD or Fishing Hot Spots® PRO map options, as well as Navionics® charts with TurboView™ for the best possible chartplotting experience. You can also record and save vital sonar and navigation data and upload future HDS software feature updates
– Ease of use and great viewing – Simple-to-follow menu operation and graphic interface make HDS® Gen2 easy to learn. So users quickly gain control of key functions. Super-bright, sunlight-viewable displays with LED backlighting (HDS-5 models feature high-bright cold-cathode fluorescent backlighting)
– Trackback to review and save key hotspots – Scroll-back thru Broadband Sounder™ or StructureScan® sonar imaging history to review structure or fish targets and pinpoint the location with a waypoint with chartplotter models
– Simple one-button features – HDS-10 and HDS-8 users can assign up to six of their favorite screens to the softkey panel and enjoy instant display selection and viewing with the press of a button
– Awesome out of the box networking – HDS® Gen2 features full plug-and-play connectivity with the versatility of dual platforms: high-speed Ethernet for display networking and performance module add-ons; and NMEA 2000® for onboard engine- and system data sharing
The NEW Lowrance HDS Gen2 Fish Finders are available NOW for preordering at eBuyersWorld.com. Shipments are expected in early January. If the initial rollout of the first generation HDS is any indication, expect a long line of backorders if you don’t order one early.
DECK PLATE KEY FITS MULTIPLE STYLES
Known for its durable deck plates, Beckson Marine now takes this high-quality standard of manufacturing to make the accessory many boaters need. The company’s new DPA-4 Deck Plate Key is a 3-in-1 multi-tool made to work with screw-out, pry-out or twist-out deck plates.
Beckson’s Deck Plate Key has a pry-out tool on one end and a drain plug slot wrench on the other. This slot can also be used to hang the key on a hook in a handy spot. Two nubs on the tool’s edge are for use as a spanner wrench with screw-out deck plates.
Approximately 7″ long, the key is offered in a bright, stand-out yellow to make sure it can be easily found. It’s constructed from tough high-strength acetal resin for a long life.
Beckson Marine’s DPA-4 Deck Plate Key has a suggested retail price of just $4.95.
For over 55 years, Beckson has produced high-quality marine equipment and accessories. The company manufactures an extensive range of superior products, including pumps, ports, hatches, vents, deck plates, fasteners and hoses.
Do-it-yourselfers dream of being able to polish their boat like a professional. Now they can bring back the eye-popping showroom shine that would be the envy of any pro. The easy-to-use Dual Action Polisher and Pro Polish are the perfect combo to seal in and protect an ultra-high gloss in half the time, with half the effort of other products.
With a revolutionary random-action orbit, the polisher’s 6″ oscillating head eliminates burns and swirls, often a hazard when using professional equipment. An adjustable D-handle provides ergonomic hand positioning, while the soft-touch head gives added comfort.
At only 4.8 lbs., the Dual Action Polisher won’t tire the user. Operating with a 2500-6500 OPM motor, it has six speed settings. Specifically designed for use on boats, this polisher has an extra-long 20′ power cord with a GFCI plug for protection in damp environments.
A fiberglass/gelcoat cleaner, sealant and polish, Pro Polish supplies a like-new finish in one, easy step. Extremely versatile, Pro Polish is effective on fiberglass, gelcoat, clear coat and aluminum.
Formulated with cosmetic-grade ingredients with no filler or talc, the polish is superior to old-fashioned wax. It goes on quickly and easily without leaving behind messy white powder. The polish repels water while UV-inhibitors protect against sun damage.
An NMMA Innovation Award winner, Shurhold Industries’ Dual Action Polisher has a retail price of $149.98 and comes with a quick-change backing plate, heavy-duty carrying bag, wrench, manual and one-year limited warranty. Pads are sold separately with prices starting at $23.98.
Shurhold’s Pro Polish is available in a 16 oz. bottle for $22.98 or a gallon jug for $109.98.
Dedicated to educating boat owners, Shurhold provides key tips for boat value preservation at www.shurhold.com. Inventor of the One Handle Does It All system, Shurhold manufactures specialty care items and accessories to clean, polish and detail.
Contact Shurhold, 3119 SW 42nd Ave., Palm City, FL 34990. 800-962-6241; Fax: 772-286-9620. www.shurhold.com.
Boat roll while at anchor or drift fishing is at the least, uncomfortable and at the most, nausea-inducing. Rocker Stoppers from Davis Instruments help dampen this annoying sensation with a simple, inexpensive device that is easily configured and installed.
Rope is strung through Rocker Stoppers at equal 18″ intervals with a 5-10 lb. weight attached at the bottom. Hanging amidships off each side of the boat, three Rocker Stoppers per side will steady boats up to 26′ long. For larger craft, a graduated scale of 4 to 8 units per side help stabilize boats from 27′ up to 50′. They are effective on both power and sailboats.
When used without a weight, Rocker Stoppers assist drift fishing by slowing movement substantially. They also are great to hang below the end of a floating dock to reduce swaying.
Only 14″ in diameter, Rocker Stoppers nest together neatly for inconspicuous storage. Mushroom anchors make good weights for use with these devices, as they fit nicely inside the last Rocker Stopper on the string when the stabilizers aren’t in use.
Lightweight and molded of high-impact, virtually indestructible styrene Rocker Stoppers are impervious to saltwater. They deploy and retrieve in seconds, and will not damage gunwales.
The suggested retail price of each Rocker Stopper is $12.99.
Dirty boat? There’s now an app for that. With Shurhold Industries’ new Boat Cleaning App, owners can wash, wax and clean from any smartphone. This app magically brings Shurhold’s high-quality detailing products to life.
Owners simply enter the parameters of their boat into the phone. Then, the app determines which products should be used and with what tools based on availability. Users can then just sit back, relax and watch the gear dance around and clean the vessel. A boat can now, literally, clean itself.
As an added convenience, the app is suitable for any and all craft. It features three settings, Wash Mode, Dry Mode and Wax Mode, so users can get their vessel sparkling according to their needs.
For a video demonstration and more information, interested parties can visit www.shurhold.com/ap1. As a special offer, Shurhold’s Boat Cleaning App has an introductory price of $41.11. The app will have a retail price of $99.98.
Dedicated to educating boat owners, Shurhold is the inventor of the One Handle Does It All system and manufactures specialty care items and accessories to clean, polish and detail.
Contact Shurhold, 3119 SW 42nd Ave., Palm City, FL 34990. 800-962-6241; Fax: 772-286-9620.
Without sacrificing high performance, water resistance or high levels of breathability, Safety Components’ signature outdoor fabric WeatherMax now has an improved and more eco-friendly HydroMax finish. Always ahead of the curve, the company uses C6 chemistry instead of conventional C8-based finishes. C8 chemistry has detectable quantities of PFOAs (perfluoroctanioc acid), a carbon-chain solvent used in non-stick cookware.
“Our technical staff and suppliers have been working on making our fabric even more environmentally friendly for over a year to make sure our performance levels did not decline,” said John Pierce, WeatherMax product manager. “We are very pleased we were able to improve the finish for both WeatherMax 80 and WeatherMax LT, while reducing environmental impact.”
Completely recyclable, the highly breathable WeatherMax has twice the strength and six times the tear and abrasion resistance of acrylic. Guaranteed to retain its rich color for a minimum of five years, WeatherMax fabric employs tightly woven, solution-dyed SaturaMax yarns.
Contact WeatherMax by Safety Components, 40 Emery St., Greenville, SC 29605. 864-240-2712; Fax: 864-240-5947. www.weathermax.net.
The New Humminbird 500 Series Down Imaging fish finder is something to behold. Check out the Humminbird Fishfinder 597ci HD DI Combo
The Humminbird 597ci HD Combo features a Best in Class brilliant color 640V x 640H 5″ display. Down Imaging and DualBeam Plus™ Sonar with 4000 Watts PtP power output, 50 channel internal GPS Chartplotting with built-in UniMap cartography, a card slot for maps and saving waypoints and a Tilt & Swivel Quick Disconnect Mounting System. The new design also allows drop-in replacement capability for competitive in-dash models. Maximize your angling experience with the Humminbird 597ci HD DI fishfinder GPS system.
Humminbird has taken the side imaging in a new direction…straight down. Now you can see what is happening directly below your boat.
- Down Imaging “snapshots” are created with high-frequency sound waves emitted in razor thin slices.
- Sonar returns from these waves create an instant “snapshot” below the boat.
- Narrow Mode analyzes the returns to verify the position of the echoes to ensure Down Imaging only shows you structure and activity beneath you, and not off to one side or another.
You can purchase this awesome fish finder for only $599.99 at eBuyersWorld.com. Shipping is Free! Or you can select Next Day Air for only $20!